Havana International Ballet Festival Tour
Oct 27 - Nov 3, 2018
Oct 27 - Nov 3, 2018
Join Latin Art Space for the Havana International Ballet Festival. This prestigious biennial event showcases the most exhilarating ballet and dance companies from Cuba and abroad. Our tour will allow you to experience evening ballet and dance performances from celebrated dance companies from Cuba and around the world. You will have the opportunity to meet Cuban dancers and engage in private rehearsals of Cuba's most acclaimed dance companies, including the Cuban National Ballet, Danza Combinatoria headed by the award-wining choreographer Rosario Cardenas , Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba, and the Carlos Acosta Dance Company.
Our tour will also take you to explore other aspects of Cuban culture, including architecture, visual arts, history, and Afro-Cuban folkloric music and dance.
- Experience extraordinary dance performances every night during the ballet festival
- Meet Cuban dancers and attend private rehearsals of Cuba's most celebrated contemporary and classical dance companies, including Cuban National Ballet, Danza Combinatoria headed by the award-wining choreographer Rosario Cardenas , Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba, and the Carlos Acosta Dance Company
- Learn about Cuba's rich dance traditions and the renowned Cuban ballet technique known for its beauty, strength, and precision with a dance historian/dance professional
- Visit the most intriguing artist studios and collaborative art projects and venues throughout Havana
- Tour Old Havana -a UNESCO World Heritage Site- with an architect from the City Historian's Office
- Discover the history and the development of Havana through the eyes of an urban development specialist
- Learn about the fascinating world of Afro-Cuban culture and experience exhilarating Afro-Cuban folkloric music and dance performances
- Visit the fabulous National Arts School (Instituto Superior de Arte -ISA)
- Take a guided tour of the Fine Arts Museum with an art historian/curator
- Sample culinary delights at Cuba's finest paladares (privately-run restaurants in beautifully renovated homes.)
- Small group travel. We can also arrange a private tour for your party of 6 or more.
We will have more details regarding this year’s Ballet Festival, including performers and venues as it gets closer to the travel date. Past venues have included The Grand Theater, the National Theater, and the Carl Marx Theater, with performances by the Cuban National Ballet, the London Royal Ballet, the American Ballet Theater, and the Scala de Milan to name a few.
- 7 nights at a fabulous boutique hotel in Old Havana or private fully-staffed residence
- All breakfasts, all lunches, and welcome dinner
- Tickets to evening ballet performances
- All activities and conferences on the program
- Personal introductions to dancers, choreographers, artists and other cultural figures
- Transportation in a deluxe air-conditioned vehicle
- Bi-lingual Cuban guide and all local guides
- Concierge support in planning evening activities and dining
- Facilitation of art purchases, export permits, and shipping assistance
- Latin Art Space expertise, and representative to accompany the group
- Orientation session (in person or conference call), Cuba travel information, and educational resources
- A memorable experience in one of the most fascinating countries in the world!
Our tours are in full compliance with the US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) guidelines for Cuba travel under the general people-to-people educational license.
Travel to Havana, dinners (except welcome), tips to Cuban guide and driver, other tips, internet and phone service, beverages not part of the meal plan, incidentals, personal items
Please contact us for pricing at email@example.com
Activities and venues are representative and may vary depending on availability of speakers, artists, and venues.